Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Thoughts on Succubi

No sir, I don't like 'em.

More to the point, this is in reflection of Justin's encounters.  The first encounter was a good setup, and fit well for the story, but it was kind of a cakewalk.  I was actually disappointed that I didn't have to use any of my cool encounter powers, because dealing more damage wouldn't have made a difference.

The second encounter was set up well.  Before the first encounter began, I was in a market square, and ended up moving around the battlemap to help some trapped shopkeepers.  This set the stage for the second encounter, where I assumed that it was a "protect the townsfolk" mission from the Infernal Armor Animi (Animuses?) and the Spinagon.  Little did I know that they were actually Succubi playing the part of townsfolk.  After a hard fought battle, I was down to one Succubi, who, unbeknownst to me, only had one hit point remaining.  She kept dominating my people, and they weren't able to target her with an attack while dominated.  I decided to take the metagaming out of it, and roleplay it a little, so I tried to shake it off, and Justin let me try that.  Eventually, all 4 of my characters were dominated, and the Succubi was leading them off to her domain, where they would be hers.  Justin took pity on me and had a shopkeeper that I rescued come up with a bow and shoot.  Rolled a 19.  He got a little smile on his face and said, "An arrow erupts from the base of the Succubus' throat and she looks down in disbelief at it, and falls down on to the cobblestone road, and breathes her last."  Then the fog in our minds lifted, and the shopkeeper tells us where they have been coming from -- the fallen tower.

I will let Justin talk about the third encounter first before I get to it, but this was the first TPK of the three encounters we had.  Sheesh, it's like it was a competition or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment