Thursday, July 30, 2009

Room for Improvement: Down the Rabbit Hole

I always ask my players for feedback as to how I can improve their experience.  I was especially insistent yesterday since this was my first real adventure completely written by me in 4th edition.  Here are some of the suggestions from the group:

  • More chasms for slow-mo leaping attacks (story involved, will add later)
  • Variety in fighting environments
  • Interactive terrain
  • Different ways to kill enemies
  • Exploration increased
  • Quick and dirty fights in addition to epic battles
  • Give them a cleric
All in all, I think that's good advice and something for me to grow on.  About the chasms bit...  One of the players is a Dragonborn sorcerer.  In what they had thought was the big battle, the caster was hiding across a 7' wide chasm in the cave.  The sorcerer throws his Arcing Fire on to her, runs and leaps the chasm, then spends an action point to rend into her with his Tearing Claws.  He dropped her well into pudding consistency with this attack, but it was the most awesome visual attack we had.  Fantastic!  I love how the players are getting into it since we had started as mainly a 'let's go fight stuff, no need to roleplay' group and are growing from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment